Now that the worst of this crisis is behind us, I would like to thank Mayor Bloomberg, Governor Cuomo, the City’s Office of Emergency Management and all City agencies for their hard work keeping my staff and all Bronxites informed about this storm, its effects and how to stay safe. This administration clearly learned from this past winter’s blizzard, and we are grateful to them for their strong response to Hurricane Irene. During the coming days my office will work with OEM and other agencies, as well as Con Edison, to help Bronxites clean up in the aftermath of this storm. I urge all Bronxites to stay safe, be mindful of their surroundings, and not to hesitate to report storm-related issues to my office or 311,” said Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr.
NOTES & TIPS
· The Office of the Bronx Borough President can be reached at (718) 590-3500.
· 911 should only be used for EMERGENCY calls. For all other issues, such as reporting fallen trees and branches, call 311
· To report downed power lines, power outages and other electrical issues, call (800) 75-CONED. Con Edison’s power outage map can be found at http://apps.coned.com/weboutageinfo/stormcenter/default.aspx.
· Updated, borough-specific information on the storm and its aftermath will be shared at facebook.com/bronxbp or on Twitter @rubendiazjr
· Property damage can be reported through nyc.gov.