July 9, 10 and 11
6:00AM - 7:00PM Aerial larviciding in The Bronx
• Neighborhoods: Pelham Bay Park North
• Zip codes: 10464 and 10475
Pelham Bay Park
Marsh areas bounded by Amtrak Railroad to the east;
New England Thruway to the north; and the Hutchinson River to the west and south
10464 - 10475
VectoBacTM CG, VectoMaxTM CG and/or VectoLexTM CG – all containing naturally occurring bacteria − will be used for this application. These larvicides have been used throughout the mosquito season to treat mosquito-breeding sites. These products are approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
Reducing Exposure to Mosquitoes
• Use an approved insect repellent containing DEET, picaridin, oil of lemon eucalyptus (not for children under three), or products that contain the active ingredient IR3535.
• Make sure windows have screens and repair or replace screens that have tears or holes.
• Eliminate any standing water from your property and dispose of containers that can collect water.
Standing water is a violation of the New York City Health Code.
• Make sure roof gutters are clean and draining properly.
• Clean and chlorinate swimming pools, outdoor saunas and hot tubs. Keep them empty or covered if not in use; drain water that collects in pool covers.
• Report standing water by calling 311 or visiting nyc.gov/health/wnv