Broadway from 34th Street to 47th Street and 41st Street between 6th and 7th Avenues are closed Saturday and Sunday for the Super Bowl Boulevard event. There also will be parking restrictions on Saturday and Sunday throughout midtown Manhattan. There will be limited access and increased activity in and around the Lincoln Tunnel on Sunday. Motorists are encouraged to use alternate routes, including the Holland Tunnel and the George Washington Bridge.
Detailed information on closures related to the Super Bowl festivities is available on the DOT web site at http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/trafalrt.shtml and at http://a841-tfpweb.nyc.gov/dotpress/2014/01/super-bowl/#more-182.
Centre Street between Howard Street and Grand Street in Manhattan will be closed on Saturday from 11 am to 12:30 pm for the Museum of Chinese in America Lunar New Year Family Festival.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Sunday from 1 pm to 3:30 pm for the Better Chinatown Society Parade:
* Hester Street between Bowery and Mulberry Street
* Mott Street between Broome Street and Chatham Square
* Canal Street and Bayard Street between Mulberry Street and Elizabeth Street
* Pell Street between Mott Street and Doyers Street
* Mosco Street and Worth Street between Mulberry Street and Mott Street
* Park Row to Police Barriers
* St. James Place between Oliver Street and James Street
* Oliver Street between Chatham Square and Madison Street
* Chatham Square between Worth Street and East Broadway
* East Broadway between Chatham Square and Eldridge Street
* Eldridge Street between East Broadway and Hester Street
* Canal Street between Forsyth Street and Allen Street
* Hester Street between Eldridge and Forsyth Street
* Forsyth Street between Hester Street and Delancey Street (south side)
* Grand Street between Chrystie Street and Eldridge Street
* Sara Roosevelt Park
The times listed for closures for street fairs are for the actual times of the street fairs themselves. The streets may be closed longer to allow for set-up and breakdown. Street fair organizers are generally permitted to begin set-up at 8 am and breakdown must be completed by 7 pm.
Detailed information on weekend street closures will be available on the DOT web site at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/wkndtraf.shtml.