GO WITH THE FLOW COMMUNITY FESTIVAL COMES TO RANDALLS ISLAND
Re-Opening of 103rd Street Footbridge, Opening of FLOW.12 Art Installation, Sports Clinics, Cultural Events, Environmental Education and More is Scheduled!
Saturday, June 2, 2012 10:00 a.m. Randall’s Island 103rd Street Footbridge Touchdown Across from the East River Esplanade.
NYC Parks Commissioner Adrian Benepe will join Bronx Museum of the Arts Executive Director Holly Block; Matthew Washington, Chair of Community Board 11 of Manhattan; Randall's Island Park Alliance (RIPA) Board members; Rockefeller Foundation leaders; and dozens of community non-profit organizations for a morning filled with art, music, sports, environmental exploration and snacks along the Park’s waterfront pathways.
The Randall’s Island Park Alliance, in cooperation with NYC Parks and the Bronx Museum of the Arts, will celebrate the re-opening of the 103rd Street Footbridge to Randall’s Island Park, thanks to a restoration by the NYC Department of Transportation.
The event will also include the opening day of FLOW.12, an environmental art exhibition, funded through support from the Rockefeller Foundation and Made Event. Go With The Flow will celebrate access, creative programming and the outdoor spaces of Randall’s Island Park.
Visitors will enjoy festive snacks along waterfront pathways leading to:
· FLOW.12 artworks in partnership with the Bronx Museum of the Arts.
· A performance by Mariachi Academy of New York.
· Children’s dance instruction by RIPA’s Dance Program.
· Waterfront nature activities with RIPA’s Wetlands Stewardship Program.
· Farm-to-table activities with RIPA’s Urban Farm Program.
· Interactive art projects with the Love Yourself Project.
· Children’s tennis lessons provided by Sportime at Randall’s Island.
· Children’s soccer lessons provided by City Soccer in the Community.
· Fishing with the Urban Park Rangers.
· Children’s races with the NY Road Runners.