Red flag warning is in effect until 8 PM EDT this evening for an enhanced threat for the spread of wildfires for the entire tri-state area...
* affected area... New York City... Long Island... the lower Hudson
Valley... southern Connecticut and northeast New Jersey.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Relative humidity... as low as 23 percent.
* Timing... the strongest winds and lowest relative humidities
will occur late this afternoon.
* Impacts... rapid wildfire spread if ignition occurs.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are expected or occurring. Any fires that start may spread
rapidly and become difficult to extinguish.