New Yorkers are in for another blast of cold wintry weather as the first snow storm is expected to soon drop around 3 inches of the white stuff here and throughout the Northeast.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NEW YORK HAS ISSUED A WINTER
WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT @ 6 AM TUESDAY.
* LOCATIONS...NEW YORK CITY AND WESTERN LONG ISLAND.
* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 4 INCHES.
* TEMPERATURES...IN THE LOWER 30S.
* VISIBILITIES...OCCASIONALLY BELOW 1/2 MILE IN BRIEF BANDS OF
MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW.
* TIMING...SNOW WILL DEVELOP TUESDAY MORNING AND WILL CONTINUE
THROUGH THE AFTERNOON. SNOW WILL TAPER OFF BY TUESDAY EVENING.
* IMPACTS...SNOW WILL DEVELOP DURING THE MORNING COMMUTE...AND
ACCUMULATING SNOW WILL CREATE ICY AND HAZARDOUS TRAVEL
CONDITIONS THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
WITH ABUNDANT LOW LEVEL MOISTURE ACROSS THE REGION AND TEMPERATURES DROPPING BELOW FREEZING THIS EVENING...ANY STANDING WATER WILL FREEZE LATER TONIGHT. THIS WILL CREATE HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS.
ESPECIALLY ON BRIDGES...OVERPASSES...AND UNTREATED ROADS.