The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Saturday from 7 am to 1 pm for DOT Summer Streets:
* Centre Street between Brooklyn Bridge exit and Reade Street/Lafayette Street
* Lafayette Street between Reade Street/Centre Street and Fourth Avenue
* Fourth Avenue between Lafayette Street and 15th Street
* Union Square East between 15th Street and 17th Street
* Park Avenue South between 17th Street and 32nd Street
* Park Avenue between 32nd Street and 72nd Street (Including the viaduct between 40th Street and 46th Street)
* 72nd Street between Park Avenue and 5th Avenue
These closures for Summer Streets will also take place on Saturday, August 10 and Saturday, August 17. More details on Summer Streets activities are available at www.nyc.gov/summerstreets.
The Park Avenue Underpass between 33rd Street and 40th Street will be closed from 10 pm Friday to 5 pm Saturday to facilitate the Summer Streets event and NYCDOT maintenance.
The Brooklyn Bridge will be closed to Manhattan-bound traffic from 12:01 am on Sunday to 5 am on Monday for rehabilitation work. Motorists proceeding inbound/northbound from south Brooklyn via the Belt Parkway and Gowanus Expressway should use the toll facility Hugh L. Carey (formerly Brooklyn Battery) Tunnel as the best route into lower Manhattan. Motorists from Queens/Long Island should consider the Williamsburg Bridge, or the toll facilities at the RFK Bridge or Queens Midtown Tunnel. Throughout this closure the Manhattan Bridge will accommodate 5 lanes of traffic inbound/westbound and two lanes outbound/eastbound.
Brooklyn-bound traffic will access the Brooklyn Bridge from Pearl Street or Centre Street, using a contraflow configuration. This weekend only, there will be additional access to the bridge via the Park Row ramp from Frankfort Street. This alternative access will be available only on Sunday from 9 am to 11 pm.
The Grand Street Bridge over Newtown Creek will be closed from 8 am to 2 pm on Saturday, August 3rd and August 10th to facilitate NYCDOT bridge repairs. Vehicular and pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the adjacent Metropolitan Avenue Bridge.
The 65th Street/66th Street Central Park Transverse Roadway between 5th Avenue and Central Park West will be closed from 12:01 am to 6 am on Sunday to facilitate NYCDOT bridge inspection.
One of two lanes of the Battery Park Underpass from 9A/West Street to the northbound FDR Drive may be closed on Saturday from 5:30 am to 11:30 am to facilitate NYCDOT underpass maintenance.
The Outerbridge Crossing will be closed in both directions between 10 pm to 5 am Monday nights through Friday mornings and from 11:59 pm Friday to 7 am on Saturdays through October to facilitate Port Authority roadway repairs and paving. Motorists should plan alternate routes or follow posted detours to the Goethals Bridge.
Mulberry Street between Canal Street and Broome Street and Hester Street between Mott Street and Baxter Street will be closed for the Mulberry Street Pedestrian Mall from 5:30 pm to 9 pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday through September 9.
The following streets will be closed on Saturday from 11 am to 6 pm:
* Water Street between Broad Street and Fulton Street in Manhattan will be closed for the Seaport Community Coalition Summer Seaport Festival.
* West Burnside Avenue between Davidson Avenue and Jerome Avenue in the Bronx will be closed for the DOT Weekend Walks Walk on Burnside Avenue.
* 46th Street between Greenpoint Avenue and Queens Boulevard in Queens will be closed for the DOT Weekend Walks Sunnyside Strolls.
* Jamaica Avenue between Sutphin Boulevard and 169th Street in Queens will be closed for the Jams Jamaica Avenue Festival.
* 82nd Street between 37th Avenue and Baxter Avenue in Queens will be closed for the DOT Weekend Walks 82nd Street Walks.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday from 11 am to 6 pm:
* Lexington Avenue between 42nd Street and 57th Street in Manhattan will be closed for the East 55th Street Synagogue & Friends of Dag Hammarskjold Lexington Avenue Summer Fest.
* East 204th Street between Bainbridge Avenue and Decatur Avenue in the Bronx will be closed for the DOT Weekend Walks Summer Streets on 204th.
* Shore Boulevard between Astoria Park South and Ditmars Boulevard in Queens will be closed for the DOT Summer Street Astoria Park Shore Fest.
The times listed for closures for street fairs are for the actual times of the street fairs themselves. The streets may be closed longer to allow for set-up and breakdown. Street fair organizers are generally permitted to begin set-up at 8 am and breakdown must be completed by 7 pm.
Detailed information on weekend street closures will be available on the DOT web site at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/wkndtraf.shtml.