The Brooklyn Bridge will be closed to Manhattan-bound traffic from 12:01 am on Sunday to 5 am on Monday for rehabilitation work. Motorists should consider using the Williamsburg Bridge or the toll facilities at the Hugh L. Carey (formerly Brooklyn Battery) Tunnel, RFK Bridge or Queens Midtown Tunnel. Throughout this closure the Manhattan Bridge will accommodate 5 lanes of traffic inbound/westbound and two lanes outbound/eastbound. Brooklyn-bound traffic will access the Bridge from Pearl Street or Centre Street, using a contraflow configuration. This weekend only, there will be additional access to the bridge via the Park Row ramp from Frankfort Street. This alternative access will be available only on Sunday from 9 am to 11 pm.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Saturday from 7 am to 1 pm for DOT Summer Streets:
* Centre Street between Brooklyn Bridge exit and Reade Street/Lafayette Street
* Lafayette Street between Reade Street/Centre Street and Fourth Avenue
* Fourth Avenue between Lafayette Street and 15th Street
* Union Square East between 15th Street and 17th Street
* Park Avenue South between 17th Street and 32nd Street
* Park Avenue between 32nd Street and 72nd Street (Including the viaduct between 40th Street and 46th Street)
* 72nd Street between Park Avenue and 5th Avenue
More details on Summer Streets activities are available at www.nyc.gov/summerstreets.
The Park Avenue Underpass between East 33rd Street and East 40th Street will be closed from 10 pm Friday to 8 pm Saturday to facilitate the Summer Streets event and NYCDOT maintenance.
The 96th Street Central Park Transverse Roadway between 5th Avenue and Central Park West will be closed from 12:01 am to 6 am on Sunday to facilitate NYCDOT bridge inspection.
The south outer roadway of the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge Queens-bound will be closed on Sunday from 6:30 am to 7:30 am to facilitate survey work by NYC Health and Hospitals Corporation.
One of two lanes of the Battery Park Underpass from 9A/West Street to the northbound FDR Drive may be closed on Saturday from 5:30 am to 11:30 am to facilitate NYCDOT underpass maintenance.
The FDR Drive Service Road between East 30th Street and East 34th Street will be closed from 6 am Saturday to 9 pm Sunday to facilitate crane operation. The East 34th Street entrance ramp to the FDR Drive will remain open.
The 14th Avenue exit ramp off the Queens-bound Bronx-Whitestone Bridge will be closed all weekend for construction. Motorists should use the 20th Avenue exit.
The Outerbridge Crossing will be closed in both directions between 10 pm to 5 am Monday nights through Friday mornings and from 11:59 pm Friday to 7 am on Saturdays through October to facilitate Port Authority roadway repairs and paving. Motorists should plan alternate routes or follow posted detours to the Goethals Bridge.
Mulberry Street between Canal Street and Broome Street and Hester Street between Mott Street and Baxter Street will be closed for the Mulberry Street Pedestrian Mall from 5:30 pm to 9 pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday through September 9.
135th Street between 5th Avenue and Saint Nicholas Avenue and Lenox Terrace Place between 134th Street and 135th Street in Manhattan will be closed Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 6 pm for the Harlem Week Festival (Summer in the City).
The following streets will be closed on Saturday:
* 6th Avenue between 42nd Street and 56th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Ancient Order of Hibernians Street Festival.
* 46th Street between Greenpoint Avenue and Queens Boulevard in Queens will be closed from noon to 7 pm for DOT Weekend Walks Sunnyside Strolls.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday:
* Madison Avenue between 27th Street and 38th Street, 27th Street between Madison Avenue and Park Avenue, and 37th Street and 38th Street between 5th Avenue and Park Avenue in Manhattan will be closed from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm for the Federation of Indian Association Parade. Madison Avenue between 23rd Street and 27th Street will be closed from noon to 6 pm for the Federation of Indian Association Festival.
* Madison Avenue between 42nd Street and 55th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Daytop Madison Avenue Festival.
* Shore Boulevard between Astoria Park South and Ditmars Boulevard in Queens will be closed from 1 pm to 6:30 pm for the DOT Summer Street Astoria Park Shore Fest.
* Myrtle Avenue between Fresh Pond Road and Forest Avenue in Queens will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Myrtle Avenue Festival.
The times listed for closures for street fairs are for the actual times of the street fairs themselves. The streets may be closed longer to allow for set-up and breakdown. Street fair organizers are generally permitted to begin set-up at 8 am and breakdown must be completed by 7 pm.
Detailed information on weekend street closures will be available on the DOT web site at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/wkndtraf.shtml.