Submitted by ub on Thu, 02/20/2014 - 00:24

A NYC Dog has died after being electrocuted by a live wire on the Lower East Side of Manhattan. Bella the pit bull terrier mix was rushed to animal hospital after being shocked near her Clinton St. home, but efforts to save her were not successful.

The 11-year-old dog was apparently shocked by voltage on Clinton St. between Delancey St. and Rivington St. She was electrocuted just steps from her Lower East Side apartment building Saturday night, according to official accounts.