American ICE agents are planning nationwide raids to arrest undocumented families. The agents are targeting at least 2,000 immigrants who have been ordered deported.
Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, New York, and San Francisco are reportedly being targeted, and thousands of families are screaming at agents while their loved ones are being terrorized.
You have rights.
1. Do not open the doors, but be calm.
2. Ask what they are there for, (and ask for an interpreter if you need one).
3. An administrative warrant is NOT a judicial warrant. Unless ICE shows you a judicial search or arrest warrant naming a person in your residence and/or areas to be searched at your address, DO NOT OPEN YOUR DOOR.
4. In all other cases, keep the door closed. State clearly, "I do not consent to your entry."
5. If they force their way in, don't resist. Tell everyone in the residence to remain silent.
6. If you are arrested, remain silent and do not sign anything until you speak to a lawyer.
*An ICE administrative warrant (form I-200, I-205) does not allow them to enter your home without your consent.
For more information: www.aclu.org/know-your-rights/
If ICE shows up or you witness an ICE raid, call the United We Dream hotline:
1 (844) 363-1423
Thousands protest ICE across cities targeted for weekend raids http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AAEheep?ocid=st
1. No abras las puertas, pero manténgase calmado.
2. Pregunte para qué están allí (y pida un intérprete si lo necesita).
3. Una orden administrativa NO es una orden judicial. A menos que ICE le muestre un registro judicial o una orden de detención nombrando a una persona en su residencia y / o áreas a ser registradas en su dirección, NO ABRA SU PUERTA.
4. En todos los demás casos, mantenga la puerta cerrada. Declare claramente: "No consiento tu entrada".
5. Si entran por la fuerza, no se resista. Dígales a todos en la residencia que guarden silencio.
6. Si lo arrestan, permanezca en silencio y no firme nada hasta que hable con un abogado
*Una orden administrativa de ICE (formulario I-200, I-205) no les permite ingresar a su hogar sin su consentimiento.
Para más información: www.aclu.org/know-your-rights/
Si aparece ICE o si es testigo de una redada de ICE, llame a la línea directa de Unidos Sonamos:
1 (844) 363-1423
Thousands Are Targeted as ICE Prepares to Raid Undocumented Migrant Families https://nyti.ms/32iM09Q
Who is targeted and why? The migrant families expected to be targeted recently arrived in the USA. Back in February, ICE sent around 2,000 letters to families who already had received final orders of removal by judges in absentia, asking them to self-report to local ICE offices by March to comply with the orders. The upcoming operation is expected to target approximately 2K people, according to a senior immigration official.
Last year, the Executive Office for Immigration Review, which oversees the nation's immigration courts, announced that it had begun tracking family cases filed by the Department of Homeland Security in 10 immigration court locations and those cases are being expedited to try to process the families in under a year.
Immigrants in Miami, Los Angeles, New York and elsewhere still bracing https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ice-raids-begin-sunday-miami-100001349…
Misrepresenting themselves at the border - https://go.shr.lc/2G5NeMi