The coldest day of their lives is how some described it as record temperatures have been set in more than a century.
It's colder than they could imagine others say, as the demand for heat reaches an all time high Firefighters are thawing out frozen fire hydrants, trains are stuck on tracks and folks losing electric power across the nation.
WIND CHILL ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM EST WEDNESDAY...
* LOCATIONS...PORTIONS OF SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT...NORTHEAST NEW
JERSEY...LONG ISLAND...AND ALL OF NEW YORK CITY.
* HAZARD TYPES...BITTER COLD AND WIND.
* WIND CHILL VALUES...8 TO 15 BELOW ZERO.
* WINDS...WEST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES...5 TO 12 ABOVE.
* TIMING...THROUGH TONIGHT.