The CITG is looking for a stage manager for it's upcoming production of Arthur Miller's The Crucible.
Stage managers are responsible for:
• Arrive to rehearsals and performances early to open theater/office
• Keep an updated contact sheet and rehearsal schedule; call any actor who is late for rehearsal
• Maintaining order in rehearsals, keeping things running smoothly, insuring that people are where they need to be at the appropriate time, prompting when actors are off-book and need a line, taking line notes
• Keeping notes about props, costumes, blocking, and such
• Keeping the ‘prompt copy’ of the script which notes the performers’ positions on stage, script changes as well as the props, lighting and sound needed for each scene
• Arranging costume changes
• Plan and organize traffic patterns which actors and tech staff will use during performances
• Ensure that actors and tech staff have all materials and supplies needed at all times
• Supervising the 'get in' and ‘get out’ (when the set and equipment are set up and taken down)
• Cueing performers to go on stage
• Cueing the technical crew to operate sound and lighting;
• Organizing props and set dressing
• Plan and direct scene changes
• Sweep the stage before rehearsals and all performances
• Washing of any necessary props for usage
• Any other problems/issues that may arise
The Crucible by Arthur Miller
Directed by Maria Provenzano & Nick Sala
11/4, 5, 11, 12, 18 & 19 @ 8 pm & 11/6 & 13 @ 3pm
Be available for rehearsals and productions beginning immediately through closing night (November 19, 2011).
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.