The latest in professional training and development for all types of journalists in all media is now available by attending SPJ's JournCamp, June 13 in NYC at the DoubleTree Metropolitan Hotel. Engage with other journalists during training sessions and social time at the daylong workshop.
- The Complete Reporter's Digital Dirty Dozen
- Narrative Storytelling: Dump the Inverted Pyramid, No Matter Your Medium of Choice
- Data Visualization For The Web (Made Easy and Non-Scary)
- Smarter Video News Packages with Smartphones
- It's A Hard-Knock Life But Doesn't Have To Be: Building Your Freelance Business
- Social Media Deep Dive: Tools and Tips for All Journalists
All-day training, breakfast/lunch AND an evening reception with drinks. All that for $40 And less for students.
JournCamp is funded by the Sigma Delta Chi Foundation and presented in partnership with the Kiplinger Program in Public Affairs Journalism at Ohio State University.
And, the trainers for this JournCamp are among the best:
Sree Sreenivasan (@sree), Chief Digital Officer, The Met and former Columbia University Journalism professor
Frank Bi (@frankiebi), Reporter, Forbes magazine
Hilary Fung (@hil_fung), Visual and Data Journalist, Huffington Post
Tom Hallman Jr. (@thallmanjr), Reporter, The Oregonian, and Pulitzer Prize winner for Feature Writing
Cindy Rodriguez (@cindyerodriguez), Senior Journalist in Residence, Emerson College
J. Alex Tarquinio (@alextarquinio), Deadline Club Chairwoman and Senior Digital Editor, Time Inc.
Kevin Z. Smith (@ethicsmith), Deputy Director, Kiplinger Program in Public Affairs Journalism at Ohio State U.
www.spj.org/journcamp.asp You can also read more about the trainers and what they will discuss there.