Over one million dollars is being spent this year because now more than ever the safety of runners and spectators is of highest priority.
This year, NYRR has partnered with one of the world's top security firms to conduct a top-to-bottom analysis of our existing internal security program. Their recommendations will further strengthen a comprehensive security plan. There are a number of visible security enhancements in place for this year's race, as well as several behind-the-scenes security elements.
There will be bridge and street closings in all five boroughs on Sunday between 8 am and 6 pm
for the NYC Marathon. Details are available on the DOT web site’s weekend traffic advisory page at http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/wkndtraf.shtml.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Sunday from 10:30 am to 6:30 pm for the NYC Marathon Family Reunion:
* Central Park West between Columbus Circle and 86th Street
* 61st Street to 65th Street between Central Park West and Broadway
* 66th Street to 72nd Street between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue
* 77th Street between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue
* 81st Street between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue
* 85th Street between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue
* Columbus Avenue between 85th Street and Broadway
* Broadway between Columbus Avenue and Columbus Circle