Some folks are in a hurry to crash into their tombstone.
The National Weather Service has issued the following: The last and strongest in a week-long parade of Pacific storms is pounding California with a variety of hazards, including heavy rainfall, mountain snow and flooding near recent wildfire burn scars. Meanwhile, a weak, progressive system may produce light snow from the Ohio Valley into the northern Mid-Atlantic region through early Friday. Then a major winter storm will develop for the weekend and expected to affect nearly 100 million Americans.
Winter Storm Watch NYC When: 12:00 PM on 1/19 to 6:00 PM on 1/20
Hazards: Roads may be dangerous & strong winds may cause power outages.
Preparedness Actions: Use caution when walking, biking, or driving.
Before an Outage
- Charge cell phones
- Gather supplies
- Turn refrigerator/freezers to a colder setting
During an Outage
- Stay clear of downed power lines
- Turn off all appliances
- Keep refrigerator/freezer doors closed
- Do not use generators indoors
- If you have a disability/access needs, or use Life Sustaining Equipment (LSE) & need immediate assistance, dial 911.
Weather info: www.weather.gov/okx/.
To view this message in American Sign Language (ASL), العربية, বাঙালি, 中文, Français, Kreyòl Ayisyen, Italiano, 한국어, Polski, Pусский, Español, اردو or ייִדיש :