The Brooklyn Bridge will be closed to Manhattan-bound traffic from 12:01 am Saturday until 6 am Monday. Motorists should use the Hugh L. Carey (Brooklyn Battery) Tunnel, Williamsburg Bridge, RFK Bridge or Queens Midtown Tunnel, into Manhattan. Throughout this closure the Manhattan Bridge will accommodate 5 lanes of traffic inbound/westbound and two lanes outbound/eastbound.
The northbound Brooklyn Queens Expressway will be closed from Exit 28A (Cadman Plaza West) to Exit 29A (Manhattan Bridge/Nassau Street) from 1 am to 6 am on Saturday, 2 am to 7 am on Sunday, and 12:01 am to 4 am on Monday. Motorists should plan alternate routes or follow posted detours at the Atlantic Avenue exit, and consider the Hugh L. Carey (Brooklyn Battery) Tunnel for best access to Manhattan. The Hamilton Avenue and Atlantic Avenue entrances to the northbound BQE also will be closed during these hours. These closures will facilitate the rehabilitation of the Brooklyn Bridge's York Street arch structure in Brooklyn.
The Union Street Bridge over the Gowanus Canal will be closed on Saturday from 7 am to 2 pm to facilitate deck repairs.
The Outerbridge Crossing will be closed in both directions between 10 pm to 5 am Monday nights through Friday mornings and from 11:59 pm Friday to 7 am on Saturdays through October to facilitate Port Authority roadway repairs and paving. Motorists should plan alternate routes or follow posted detours to the Goethals Bridge.
Mulberry Street between Canal Street and Broome Street and Hester Street between Mott Street and Baxter Street will be closed for the Mulberry Street Pedestrian Mall from 5:30 pm to 9 pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
The following streets in Manhattan will be closed on Saturday:
* 3rd Avenue between 14th Street and 23rd Street will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Gramercy Park/Albano Republican Club/Stuyvesant Park Neighborhood Festival.
* Front Street and Water Street between Peck Slip and Dover Street and Peck Slip between South Street and Water Street will be closed from 11 am to 9 pm for the Seaport Alliance Restaurant Mall.
The following streets will be closed on Sunday:
* 3rd Avenue between 66th Street and 86th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the Manhattan Chamber of Commerce 3rd Avenue Community Benefit Festival.
* Central Park West between 77th Street and 90th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 9 am to 11 am for the Susan G. Komen Run Walk.
* Amsterdam Avenue between West 106th Street and West 110th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 am to 6 pm for the DOT Weekend Walks Manhattan Valley Family Days.
* Fulton Street between Water Street and William Street in Manhattan will be closed from 9 am to 11 am for the Community Board #1 Fulton Street Fair
* Southern Boulevard between East Tremont Avenue and Boston Road, Boston Road between Southern Boulevard and Charlotte Street, and Charlotte Street between Crotona Park East and Boston Road in the Bronx will be closed from noon to 2:30 pm for the International Honduran & Central American Parade.
The times listed for closures for street fairs are for the actual times of the street fairs themselves. The streets may be closed longer to allow for set-up and breakdown. Street fair organizers are generally permitted to begin set-up at 8 am and breakdown must be completed by 7 pm.
Detailed information on weekend street closures will be available on the DOT web site at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/wkndtraf.shtml.