WILD WEATHER UPS AND DOWNS EXPECTED OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. THEN A
WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR ABOUT 24 HOURS.
* Accumulations...Snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches...locally higher.
* New York City, Long Island, S. Connecticut, Lower Hudson Valley and Northeastern NJ.
* Hazard type... Heavy snow.
* Timing... Late Wednesday night through Thursday.
* Hazardous travel due to snow covered roads and poor visibilities. Blowing and drifting snow is possible.
* Temperatures... Upper 20 and lower 30s.
PRECAUTIONARY / PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow...sleet...or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Uncertainty about the storm... it appears the balance will fall over a period of six to eight hours, starting with Thursday's commute. In the meantime, the NY, NJ CT tri-state will deal with warm then cold, then rain and a wintry mix on Tuesday PM.