Serving coffee and tea is popular in our world of gourmet offerings. It’s easy to get imported, organic and unusual beans and brews. But what’s the best way to serve the good stuff to your guests in style?
- This is not anyone else’s COVID19. it is Our Corona and we alone must deal with it before more die ourcorona.net
- Our thoughts and ideas matter and only we can collectively solve the present problems of humanity - ohoh.biz
- The digital revolution is available online for your information - doseofnews.com/town-hall
- News Videos - video.doseofnews.com
- There is a long list of issues that must be immediately dealt with before time runs out - newshooks.com
- The USAGOV is not the responsibility of anyone else, because it belongs to We The People - deargovernment.info
- Tell Trump he's fired for golfing and not doing his job - dearmrpresident.org
- Just say NO to Lies, Hate and Special Interests - no-no-no.org
- Make sure you vote absentee ballots if you can't make it to the polls. - cult-45.org
- We need a Clean Sweep - cleansweep.today
- The members of the Republican party have failed to protect the interests of the people - endthegop.org
- Register To Vote
“It saddens me how some people have no regard for human life. Yesterday, a shooting occurred while families and young children were enjoying a beautiful evening on E. 181st and Daly Ave. This time three people were shot: 20-year old, Ricky Rodriquez, two-year old Patience Boyd and six-year old Jayla Rodriquez. While Ricky and Jayla are in stable condition, Patience remains in critical condition, and may lose her life to a thug’s bullet.
This September is becoming an important month to join walks or lectures.
Sat 9/10th 10-noon join EBHF member Stephen Paul DeVillo with the Bronx River Alliance and the Friends of Woodlawn Cemetery on a historic walk along the Woodlawn Brook
Sat Sept 10th 1PM "Where did Anne Hutchinson Live " at St. Paul’s Church National Historic Site 897 S. Columbus Avenue, Mt. Vernon, NY 10550
EBHF Weds Sept 21st 7:30pm first meeting of the season
“ Historic Highbridge Irish “ – presentation by Kate Feighery
The August Meeting of the City Island Civic Association will take place on August 30th, 2011, at 7:30 p.m. at 190 Fordham Street. We welcome your input and attendance and we need your help.There is no guest speaker invited or expected to attend.
There will updates given from our Crime, Quality of Life, Development and Traffic Committees.
46 IRENE DEATHS. Wide Spread Destruction.
1.5 MILLION W/O POWER. Tri-State Waiting for Utilities.
MTA SAYS NO WAY. To Unlimited Card Refunds.
NOT OVER YET. Hurricane Season Continues.
LIBYAN FIRST FAMILY FLEES. Where is Moammar?
What a week... First there was the earthquake, which hit the east coast and then tremors, followed by a hurricane. Holy cow- Thank the Lord it's finally over. New York City was spared the worst of earthquake, tremors last week and then Hurricane IRENE this weekend -
By The Grace of GOD, New Yorkers were mostly spared.
Thank God it's over... It has been a very rough week, including an earthquake and tremors, followed by the violent weekend visit from Hurricane IRENE. God's good deed for NYC decade!
Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr. announced that Dr. Diane Ravitch, widely considered to be the preeminent education expert in the United States, will offer the keynote address at the first-ever “Bronx Education Summit: From Cradle to Career,” to be held on Saturday, October 15, 2011, at Lehman College.
Unfortunately, there have been 8 reported deaths do far in our NY, NJ, CT Tri-state area, with the aftermath of IRENE, including one here on City Island.
Today, while millions of commuters dealt with this morning's mayhem, and power blackouts stretched into the third day, while cleanup crews are well on their way... City Island Images wants to take this opportunity to say that even though Mike Bloomberg blew it during last winter's blizzard - Hurricane Irene is another story. Major Kudos go to our New York Mayor this time around. He showed that it is always better to be safe than sorry.
The lifeless body of father of a fisherman was found yesterday floating off one of our City Island marinas hours after Hurricane Irene punched through this area. According to officials, he may be NYC's only reported storm-related fatality.
CITY ISLAND DEATH. Man Dies In Local Marina.
HURRICANE IRENE. Two Dozen Deaths.
STORM AFTERMATH. Costly Cleanup.
OVER ONE MILLION WITHOUT POWER. Repairs May Take A Week.
MORNING COMMUTE. Delays and Complications.