I used to embrace and look up to the number eight, but this morning I hate it as the temperature outdoors is a freezing cold EIGHT.
The number 8 is said to be the luckiest number in Chinese culture and they believe the more the merrier. I will have to test this theory when it's 88 degrees outside. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kle2xHhRHg4
The Cantonese word for eight, which is pronounced “ba”, sounds similar to the word which means “prosper” or “wealth”. In regional dialects, the words for “eight” and “fortune” are also similar.
It's not only freezing cold on the East Coast but also in other states of frostbite
https://www.weather.gov/ Dangerous cold temperatures continue for the eastern two-thirds of the country as significant lake effect snow, along with blizzard conditions, persists downwind of the Great Lakes. Moisture interacting with the arctic air across the Pacific Northwest will bring a wintry mix and hazardous traveling conditions. A series of Pacific storms for Alaska through the weekend with snow and wind
|Wind Speed||W 16 G 32 mph|
|Barometer||29.79 in (1008.7 MB)|
|Wind Chill||-10°F (-23°C)|
|Last update||24 Dec 7:51 am EST|
Local Forecast OfficeMore Local Wx3 Day HistoryMobile WeatherHourly Weather Forecast
Furthermore... About 8
- In computer terms, a ‘byte’ comprises 8 bits. A ‘bit’ is either a 1 or 0.
- A number is divisible by 8 if its last 3 digits, when written in decimal, are also divisible by 8 (we bet you’re pulling the calculator app out right now to test this!).
- A polygon with eight sides is known as an octagon
- Like most of our numbers, the modern 8 symbols evolved with the system. The Brahmi numeral for eight by the 1st century AD was written in one stroke as a curve └┐ looking like an uppercase H with the bottom half of the left line and the upper half of the right line removed.
- Since Pluto was downgraded to a dwarf planet on August 24, 2006, our Solar System has eight bodies orbiting the Sun which we consider planets.
- 8 is the atomic number of the element oxygen.
- All spiders, and more generally all arachnids, have eight legs. While the octopus and its cephalopod relatives in the genus Argonauta have eight arms (tentacles).
- The number eight is one loved by Australian and American rev heads with the eight-cylinder known as a ‘V8’. A V8 motor is an internal combustion engine with eight cylinders configured in two banks (rows) of four which are laid out in a “V” formation.
- One for Gen Yers, the number eight written in parentheses was the code for the musical note in Windows Live Messenger.
- There are eight furlongs in a mile.
- The Dharmacakra, a Buddhist symbol, has eight spokes. The Buddha’s principal teaching—the Four Noble Truths—ramifies as the Noble Eightfold Path and the Buddha emphasizes the importance of the eight attainments.
- Eight is also very important in Jewish culture with the rite of brit milah commonly known as circumcision held on a baby boy’s eighth day of life and Hanukkah is an eight-day Jewish holiday that starts on the 25th day of Kislev
- According to the Bible, there were eight human beings – including Noah – on board the ark.
- In Islam, eight is the number of angels carrying the throne of Allah in heaven as well as the number of gates in heaven according to the Koran.
- The Eight Immortals (Chinese: 八仙; pinyin: Bāxiān; Wade–Giles: Pa¹-hsien¹) are a group of legendary xian (“immortals”) in Chinese mythology. Each immortal’s power can be transferred to a power tool (法器) that can bestow life or destroy evil. Together, these eight tools are called the “Covert Eight Immortals”
- In Scientology, there are 8 dynamics of existence
- In Japanese, often used to mean “a great many” or “countless” or infinite numbers.
- In Chinese SMS or chat, short for “bye-bye”, from the Mandarin pronunciation “ba1 ba1” (8 – 8)
- Australia was settled by English settlers in 1788 and babies born in 1988 are known as “bicentennial babies” and were given certificates with their birth certificates by the Australian Government.
In the end, Jules Verne seems to be putting across moral lesson-that challenges are not as important as finding true, abiding love and affection. Verne says that the heroic Fogg would not have attained as much from worldly accomplishments, as he does from finding lasting love with the charming Aouda.
Eight Drama Movie
A woman suffering from OCD struggles with her morning routine of trying to get to work on time.