The greatest athlete to ever play soccer is no longer in the game. Pelé, Brazil’s ‘king of soccer,’ has died. He was 82 years young.
As a cub reporter in Miami, I had the good fortune to be assigned to interview The ⚽️ KING but he said he was late for an important date and would only do it in Portuguese so I agreed and we also did a Spanish version. If I find the clip it will be here: He was kind, competitive, a gentleman, and The Champ.
City Images has a correspondent in Brazil and we asked him to send us images of the locals mourning the loss of a member of their royalty, but unfortunately our roving reporter is vacationing inside a nudist colony.
Do you speak Portoguese?
BBC on PELE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EZWKiJrRrM https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-64119646
Pelé, Brazil’s mighty king of ‘beautiful game,’ has died https://apnews.com/article/pele-soccer-star-dead-f2c5f7d2771b96dbd854cb025ab2563a
Soccer legend Pelé dies at 82 https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/Soccer/2022/12/29/brazil-soccer-Pele-dies-82/6841672340538/
Brazilian football icon Pele has died at the age of 82. His daughter Kely Nascimento paid tribute to her father: "We are thanks to you. We love you infinitely. Rest in peace." https://news.sky.com/story/brazilian-football-star-pele-has-died-at-the-age-of-82-12775924
Pele dies aged 82: Legendary Brazilian footballer passes away after battling with colon cancer which left him hospitalized for a month to leave the beautiful game - a phrase he coined - in mourning
- Pele has died aged 82 following a period in hospital, having had a tumor removed from his colon last year
- The Brazilian is widely regarded as the greatest footballer ever to have lived, following an incredible career
- Pele is the only player ever to have won the World Cup three times, including at the age of just 17
- He posted on social media on his 82nd birthday on October 23, when he said he was 'in good health'
- Pele was one of the most influential people of the 20th Century, and one of the first black global sports icons
Pele: A sporting icon who never liked his nickname https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-30234314