The East Bronx History Forum will open its 63rd meeting, hosting a talk by Kate Feighery on the Irish community in the Highbridge section of the Bronx. The program will be held at the Huntington Free Library and Reading Room at 9 Westchester Square, Bronx New York. The meeting is free and open to the public and all are welcome to come.
- This is not anyone else’s COVID19. it is Our Corona and we alone must deal with it before more die ourcorona.net
- Our thoughts and ideas matter and only we can collectively solve the present problems of humanity - ohoh.biz
- The digital revolution is available online for your information - doseofnews.com/town-hall
- News Videos - video.doseofnews.com
- There is a long list of issues that must be immediately dealt with before time runs out - newshooks.com
- The USAGOV is not the responsibility of anyone else, because it belongs to We The People - deargovernment.info
- Tell Trump he's fired for golfing and not doing his job - dearmrpresident.org
- Just say NO to Lies, Hate and Special Interests - no-no-no.org
- Make sure you vote absentee ballots if you can't make it to the polls. - cult-45.org
- We need a Clean Sweep - cleansweep.today
- The members of the Republican party have failed to protect the interests of the people - endthegop.org
- Register To Vote
AP VIDEO: Some Stars Reflect on September 11th & Japan's Tsunami.
Tense times for many New Yorkers, who are living on pins and needles while the US prepares for the 10th anniversary of 9/11 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owbz1hMpxgA&feature=youtu.be
New York City's sudden beefed-up security measures, just ahead of the 10th anniversary of 9/11 has some questioning the heightened terror threat. Officials say it is meant to foil a plot and ward-off would-be criminals. Investigators also say that specific and credible information about a supposed plan apparently involves three veteran terrorists - one, or two possibly holding US passports.
9/11 10th ANNIVERSARY. Never Forget.
NYC LOCK-DOWN. Heightened Security Steps.
NEW YORK CITY CENTER. Protection or Under Siege?
FIRST AMENDMENT ISSUES. Are Our Civil Rights In Peril?
JACKIE KENNEDY VS KING. No Love For Martin Luther King, Jr.
As a long-time resident of City Island, a true and total owner of a condo at The Old Schoolhouse - PS 17, located at 190 Fordham Street, I am very concerned about how the City Island Community Center has not fulfilled it’s mission: to provide our City Island community a space for City Island residents to celebrate through educational, cultural and artistic events produced by and for City Islanders.
On September 11, 2001 the global Jihadist movement attacked our world, as we knew it and our consciousness, as we lived it. Now, ten years later, thanks in part to the Arab Spring and the Navy Seals killing Osama bin Laden, that group appears to be in crisis. Western-backed dictators are finally falling, so you would think that Al Qaeda might be closer to its goal of defeating the infidels and building Islamic states. But the revolutions have empowered the group's chief rivals: Islamist parliamentarians, who are more prone to use ballots, than bullets.
Public safety officials are concerned that a dirty bomb may be deployed by terrorists. Police officials have set up checkpoints at our bridges and tunnels. Investigators throughout the Tri state area are also utilizing tactics and multiple strategies, which include searches and mobile radiation units in various locations, from Times Square to Lincoln Center and elsewhere.
According to the most recent poll, many New Yorkers continue to constantly think about the September 11 terrorist attack and many still do not feel safe.
While the local tension increases, our area's heightened security does also. This, following a "credible" threat that terrorists may wish to unleash an attack on this anniversary of 9/11. Meanwhile, New Yorkers went to work today as police officers swarmed subway stations and bridges in a show of armed force.
Authorities are searching for 3 Al Qaeda terrorists who may be plotting here in NYC, or Washington, DC. These are "significant," but unconfirmed threat to these two cities, federal and state law enforcement say.